We use as much free and open source software to create the Monte Brè Game because we believe that the game’s development should be in harmony with the game’s message.
The following list gives an overview over which software we use for which purpose.
- Godot is the game engine that makes this project possible
- Blender to create 3D objects and animations
- fSpy to help with the creation of 3D objects based on photos
- Agisoft Metashape to turn photos and videos of Monte Brè into 3D objects
- Krita for texture editing
- Inkscape for vector graphics
- Audacity for audio editing
- Ghostwriter for our development notes and planning
- Git for file versioning
- git-cola to provide an interface for Git
- FreeFileSync to create backups of our project files
- The game is developed on Linux