The game starts easier and gets gradually harder
- Previously the game would always spawn 10 groups of 6 enemies every round. It now starts with 5 groups of 3 enemies in the first round. Every time the player wins a round, the number of groups and members is increased by 1. This is capped at 10 groups of 8 enemies.
Better VFX and decals
- new particle effects for the Stinkbomb, impact effects for projectiles and impact textures have been created and replace the old placeholder assets.
- there will be a making-of article in the future about how these were made so you can recreate them at home 🙂
- a bug was fixed that caused impact decals to be rendered much darker or brighter than they should be.
The old impact particles and decals. Notice how some of the impact decals on the wall are far too bright and the ones on the ground are too dark.
The new impact decals have the correct brightness values and the impact particles are much more satisfying.
The old Stinkbomb particle effect. Quite dark and hard to see.
The new Stinkbomb particle effect. Much brighter and thicker.
- Reduced starting Morale from 300 to 100
- Reduced Morale per picked up item from 6 to 3
- Increased Thug health from 150 to 250
- Increased Sweeper health from 200 to 250
- Decreased Shovel health from 175 to 150
- Increased Partyboy health from 200 to 250
- Decreased Boss health from 300 to 250
- Increased Investor money from 50k to 80k
- Decreased the time that dropped items stay in the map from 3 minutes to 2 minutes
- Reduced ammo crate refill time from 60 to 30 seconds.
Various other changes
- Changed Paintball color from pink to red.
- Supply Crate Guardians don’t show a firing range preview anymore, because they don’t have a firing range.
- Updated the Credits page.
- Guardian windows were floating slightly in front of walls, leaving a visible gap between themselves and the wall behind them. This has been adjusted.
- Stinkbombs and loot items occasionally went through walls. This should hopefully not happen anymore.
- In some cases the ammo crate would fail to initialize correctly, causing it to become unusable and never refill the player’s ammo. This has been fixed.
- “Toggle sprinting” was enabled by default in the game’s settings, despite the option in the Options menu stating otherwise. This has been fixed.
- The MSAA filtering setting is now correctly loaded from the settings file. It was only saved before.