- Enemies now try to walk around other enemies that block their way to overtake them. This eases the problem of enemies lining up like beads on a string and walking inside of each other. They still do this, but it happens less frequently.
Guardian fixes and improvements
- Guardians would oftentimes miss moving targets. They are now better at taking the movement of a target and the velocity of their own projectiles into account to hit targets more reliably.
- The Player can now manually dismiss Guardians by opening the Build menu, focusing a Guardian and pressing the right mouse button.
- Existing Guardians can no longer be replaced by another type of Guardian. The existing Guardian has to be manually dismissed first by right clicking it while the Build menu is open.
- If the Player opens the Build menu and focuses a Guardian, performing a left click will always refill the Guardian’s ammo, no matter which type of Guardian is selected in the Build menu.
- Guardians no longer automatically close their windows when they are out of ammo. They now remain idle until the Player refills their ammo.
- The actual attack range of Guardins was much shorter than the blue visual indicator was indicating. This has been fixed.
- Fixed a bug that caused Guardians to not update their rate of fire accordingly when an existing Guardian was changed to another type. Instead they kept using the rate of fire of their previous type. This would then for example cause rapid-fire stinkbombs and supply crates or paintballs to seemingly stop firing.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Guardians from firing at enemies when these enemies were already in the Guardian’s firing range before the Guardian was recruited.
- Paintballs and thrown fish now leave an impact mark when they hit a surface or an enemy. These marks disappear after 30 seconds.
- The main menu has been redesigned to make it more appealing. The buttons are larger and are no longer hugging the left side.
- The nested, tabbed and unappealing tutorial and general info has been replaced by a much nicer tutorial system with less text, larger letters and a different navigation.
- There’s a new popup that appears right after starting the game. It informs the player about the game’s early state, points out where to find the tutorial and asks for feedback.
- There’s a second popup that appears when the player clicks on the Quit button. It reminds the player about feedback and offers to either show the last tutorial page or really quit the game.
- The “Paused” info text is larger and orange to really make sure that the player sees on first glance if the game has not yet started or is paused.
- Scaled the Wrench loot item up a bit to make it easier to see on the ground
- The ammo crate is now already open when the game starts instead of playing its opening animation
- Updated Godot engine version from v3.2.4.rc3 to v3.2.4.rc4
Update v0.13.0-alpha: Smarter enemies and Guardians, impact decals, better menu